Transportation and Directions
The hotel’s address is 245 Shawan Rd., Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Driving to the Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley…
…from Baltimore-Washington International Airport
- Take I-195 West to I-95 North.
- Follow I-95 to I-695 (the Baltimore Beltway).
- Take I-695 North towards Towson (This is a left-lane exit!).
- From I-695, take the I-83 exit North towards York, PA.
…from Pennsylvania and Points North
- Take I-95 South to I-695.
- Take the I-695 exit West towards Towson.
- From I-695, take the I-83 exit North towards York, PA
…from Washington, DC and Points South
- Take I-95 North until you reach I-695.
- Take the left-lane exit North towards Towson onto I-695.
- From I-695, take I-83 North towards York, PA.
Once you’ve taken the I-83 North exit from I-695
Drive five miles North to exit 20A, Shawan Road East.
Take this exit, the hotel is at the bottom of the ramp on the right.
Trains, Buses, and Shuttles
AMTRAK: Your arrival station is Penn Station (downtown Baltimore). You can reach AMTRAK at 800-523-8720 or 800-872-7245. It may be cheaper to get the shuttle from the airport (see below) if your train stops at the airport. From the train station, you will need to take a cab, or take the light rail (see below). Other possible train services include the MARC Train (part of the MTA, see section below, Tel. 800-325-7245), and the Metroliner (same phone numbers as for AMTRAK). There is also an AMTRAK station at BWI.
Baltimore-Washington International Airport
Airport General Information: 800-435-9294 or 410-859-7100 or 410-859-7111
Airport AMTRAK Information: 800-523-8720 or 800-872-7245
There are several shuttle services which provide transportation from the airport to the Hunt Valley area and possibly to nearby hotels. Please confirm the price when making your reservation as things can change on short notice. (Please note: the convention takes place at the Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley, and not at the Marriott Inner Harbor. The latter is approximately 30 minutes away by car.)
Super Shuttle: Upon arrival go to their counter at the airport between baggage claims 6 and 7. Request the suburban route to avoid downtown. For pricing and further information, call 800-258-3826, or check the SuperShuttle website.
Baltimore Airport Shuttle: Make a reservation ahead of time at 800-287-4227. You need a credit card to secure the reservation (but you do not have to pay that way). Their fax number is 410-821-5389.
Hotel Services: Call The Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley at 410-785-7000 (ask for the concierge or the bell captain) a few days in advance if you want them to arrange your transportation with any of the above services.
Taxi: There are plenty of taxis hanging around the airport. You will have no trouble finding one as you exit baggage claim. Pricing may vary.
Greyhound: You will arrive in downtown Baltimore at 2110 Hains St. and then use the 27 bus to travel 0.9 mi. to the Camden Yards station, or walk a half-mile to the Hamburg Street light rail stop and use Light Rail to the hotel. Check schedules to make sure you can make connections.
MTA: No bus stops right by the Hunt Valley Inn, however the #9 bus (pdf) goes to the Hunt Valley area.
Light Rail runs to the Hunt Valley Mall in the northern direction, and to BWI in the southern direction. The transfers, however, are not entirely obvious.
- To get from BWI to Hunt Valley, you need to take one train from BWI to Camden Yards, then transfer to another traing going to Hunt Valley (the second train leaves 8 minutes after the first one arrives).
- To get from Penn Station to Hunt Valley, you take the Light Rail at Penn Station and get off at the first stop (University of Baltimore/Mount Royal), cross the tracks to the other side (northbound), then get a train going to Hunt Valley.
The station at Hunt Valley is at the intersection of Shawan Road and York Road, which is about 3 blocks from the hotel. Call the hotel to ask them to pick you up and if the van is available, they will. Otherwise you’ll need to walk 3 blocks west on Shawan Road to get to the hotel. Bring a travel dolly if you have suitcases. Check with the MTA for exact times and locations. You can also call MTA at 410-539-5000.
Please note that in accordance with the dictates of the Shadow Proclamation, Earth is classified as a Level 5 planet and the open use of advanced transport technology is strictly regulated.