The Hunt Valley Inn
Shore Leave 38 will take place at the Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Grand hotel.
Address: 245 Shawan Rd., Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Telephone: 410-785-7000 or 866-764-8359
The Hunt Valley Inn is Sold Out for Shore Leave 38.
Please view our list of alternate hotels for a list
of other accommodations in the area. (Our room block is sold out, not
The Hunt Valley Inn is currently accepting reservations. To receive our special room rate of $132 (plus applicable taxes) per night, be sure to
mention Shore Leave.
If you are quoted a rate other than $132 per night, please contact our
Hotel Liaison immediately and she'll sort it out.
Important Hotel Policies:
- Hotel reservations for Shore Leave must be for a minimum of two nights.
- You may not sleep in vehicles parked in the parking lot. This includes campers
- No pets of any kind are permitted in any area of the hotel (this includes guest
rooms). Service animals, such as guide dogs, are exempt from this restriction
in accordance with the law, but the person accompanying them must need the
- All room parties must be pre-authorized by the convention chairs.
The hotel will shut down non-authorized room parties. To obtain details or
authorization please email the convention chair.
- There is a charge for rollaways and refrigerators. So many people request them that the hotel
must rent extras and this charge pays for them. Rollaway cots are only available for rooms
with king size beds.
- Rooms with two double beds are limited to four person occupancy.
- All hotels overbook conventions slightly as standard policy. Rooms are assigned
as you check in, not based on when you made your reservation, so check in is
- If you pay for your room by any method other than by a credit card,
the hotel requires a $25/day deposit for incidentals.
This is done at all larger hotels and is not just a policy applied
during conventions. This deposit is returned to you if not used, but
the method varies with your payment method. If you have any questions
concerning the method of refund, discuss this with the call agent when
you make your reservation.
- Please note that the hotel has a no-smoking policy.
A friendly reminder....
- To obtain a full refund, any Hunt Valley Inn cancellations for Shore Leave 38 must be made by
6pm on June 30, 2016.
- Cancellations from June 30 until 6pm on July 14th will be charged for one room night (plus taxes).
- All cancellations after that are areged the full two nights (plus taxes).
If you have a room that you know you're going to cancel, please do so as early as possible so
another fan can take your place.
The hotel has an ATM machine. It is located across from the entrance to the
Garden Dealers Room.
Bring a sweater or sweatshirt and a pair of long pants. The hotel rooms,
especially the convention facilities, can be a bit on the chilly side even
though the convention is during high Summer.
If you have any problems with the hotel, contact our Hotel
Liaison. She will try to resolve your problem.
A Note for Foreign Fans:
No local hotels or banks exchange foreign currency. If you need cash in US
dollars, your options are: bring it with you from your country, get it at
the Foreign Exchange Office at BWI Airport, or get it at the American Express
Travel Office in downtown Baltimore. Please click this link
for details on the last two.