The Shore Leave Art Show presents sculptures, original paintings, prints, and drawings from all parts of the Alpha Quadrant. Please check the appropriate line on the registration form if you want to enter your work in the show. Judging will take place at noon on Saturday. Please feel free to come to the auction and spend money. Your credit is good with us … as long as it’s MasterCard and Visa.
Art Show Rules and Regulations
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Art Show. There will be a bag check in the Hallway.
- The Art Show will accept cash, checks with valid ID, and credit cards (VISA, MasterCard) as payment for art purchases.
- Photography of any type is not allowed in the Art Show.
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian.
- All bidders must register at the Art Show Desk.
- Three (3) bids on a piece will send it to Auction. If there is a Quick Sale Price listed on the Bid sheet, the piece can be immediately purchased for that price as long as no one else has bid on the item first. You must take the Bid sheet to the Art Show desk.
- If you are either the only bidder, or the second bidder and do not get outbid, the piece is yours. Please check with the Art Show Staff to pay for and pick up your art.
- The art show will be open for a limited time immediately after the auction, for those who wish to pick up their purchases.
- The art show will reopen Sunday morning from 10AM to noon, for pick-up of art. Please remember, a bid is a contract to buy; make sure you check to see if you won. We do not call winning bidders.
- All pieces must be titled, matted, and/or framed. All art should be protected with shrink-wrap or equivalent. The Art Show will not be responsible for inadequately protected art.
- All pieces must have artists or agent’s name and address clearly labeled on the back. We allow a maximum of 20 pieces per artist; any exceptions will be granted at the discretion of the Art Show Chair.
- The Art Show will collect a 12% commission on all sales. “Not For Sale” (NFS) items will not be accepted into the Art Show.
- Adult oriented material will be hung so that young eyes cannot see it. The Art Show Chair reserves the right to determine the suitability of any art submitted.
- Signed limited edition prints will be allowed in the Art Show with the following stipulations:
- Prints must be clearly labeled as “print” on the control sheet.
- All prints must have serial number and series (i.e. 12 of 40).
- Only one copy of a print series will be allowed. Please be advised that we do not run a print shop due to limited space.
- Artists/Agents will be responsible for hanging their own artwork on Friday and Saturday. If we find that space is in short supply and there is need to move art closer together, please be assured that we will treat your art with loving care. Control and bid sheets will be provided in the show and are available in advance from the Art Show Chair. To save time at the convention, you may print and fill out your control sheet (one per artist) and bid sheet (one per art piece) in advance. For questions, please contact the Art Show Chair.
- Only low-wattage light displays will be allowed and must be on an intermittent timer to prevent heat build-up.
- The Art Show does not sell panel space. Art is hung on a “first come” basis and the space is free. Our buyers come early; You should, too.
- Anyone owing money to Shore Leave will be allowed to enter their art in the Art Show; however, the money they owe will be deducted from any sales made.
- Judging will take place on Saturday morning. Categories will be established by the Art Show Chair. All those wishing to have their work judged must have their art in place by 10am on Saturday.
- Art that is not picked up on time will become the property of Shore Leave.
- Anyone producing art that makes use of photographs or stills from a movie or TV show, or any other copyrighted source, must be able to show proof that the images were obtained from an outlet licensed to trade in those images and that the appropriate royalties were paid. If you are unsure whether your art falls into this category, please contact the Art Show Chair to discuss it. Licensed fabric does NOT fall into this category as the royalty was paid by the manufacturer of the fabric.
- Artists are limited to 3 panels or 2 tables (or a combination of the 2) with a maximum of 20 pieces. If your pieces are very small or you have other reasons to ask for an exception, please contact the Art Show Chair.
- Mail-in art should be shipped in time to arrive no later than June 30.
- Please insure your art.
- A check sufficient to cover return shipping and insurance, must accompany your art. Any funds not used will be returned to the artist.
- All art will be returned in the packaging in which it arrived and will be shipped via the same carrier.
- Bid sheets must be attached to each item and the control sheet must be filled out, completely. If you send a duplicate of the control sheet, it will be completed and returned along with any unsold art.
- Please specify on the control sheet the insurance amount for each item, so that I can properly insure your returning art.
- Once you ship your art, please send me an email with your tracking information so that I am aware of the package’s expected arrival date and can follow it online.
- Mail art to: Anna Kueberth, 39 5th St, Wheeling, WV 26003
- For any questions, tracking numbers, requests for accommodation, etc, please Contact the Art Show Chair.
The Art Show Chair will be the final authority on all matters pertaining to the Show and Auction.
Violation of any of these rules will result in your expulsion from the Art Show.