The Shore Leave discord server can be found under https://discord.gg/mVGBHx6
This should bring you to either the web or if you already have it installed, the desktop application and straight to the Shore Leave server.
When you join the server you will see 2 channels. The rest are hidden until you accept our Code of Conduct.
- The first channel is called Help! This is if you are having problems accepting the Code of Conduct or any other technical issues.
- The second is 01-START HERE! This is where you should start. In that channel you should see a message that has our Code of Conduct.
To accept the code of conduct click the thumbs up directly below that message.
- Once you click this you should have more channels show up including Channel 02-Interests which should be your next place to go.
In this channel you’ll see the categories After Panel Discussion, Fan Tables, Dealers, and Gaming, each one with its own icon. Clicking on that icon below the message will turn on that category so you can see it in the sidebar. Clicking it again will turn it off.
This is so that you can see only the content you are interested in. You can come back at any time to change these choices.
Once you have selected which categories you’re interested in please move on to the 03-Introductions channel. In here please post who you are and how people would know you in meatspace.
Now you’re on the server.
In front of the channels on the sidebar you’ll notice two different symbols. A # or a speaker symbol. The # marks a text channel, the speaker symbol an audio & video channel, which you can join to have discussions with up to 25 users in a single channel.
To join an audio channel, click the channel. At the bottom of the channel list a box will appear with a mute button, a deafen button to turn off your speakers temporarily, a video button to turn on and off your camera and a screen share to share things such as photos of your dogs, or costumes or whatever you’d like to share. You’ll also see a little phone icon with an ‘x’ as the way to leave an audio channel.
You can be in only one audio channel at the same time but you can hop between text channels at the same time.
In the category General Discussions we have a channel called Announcements where you can go and see announcements including schedule postings.
Other channels in the General Discussions category are General, Lobby, Polo Lounge and Bar, and Frankie and Vinny’s.
All these places are for general discussions of any topics which you would normally have in convention hallways.
Other categories you may have turned on are
- After Panel Discussions which is sorted by room, please keep the discussions to the rooms that correspond with the panel subject.
- Dealers and Fan Tables are places to chat with whichever dealers and fan table host might be around at the time
- Gaming where games such as horizons, jackbox games, and possibly table top rpg’s will be hosted.
Each category has a caret symbol next to it, clicking on that collapses the list of channels within or brings them back. When the category is collapsed, you will see channels that have unread messages only under that category.
By clicking on the caret next to the server name and going to Notification Settings you can change which notifications you get from this server.
While discord has a large variety of other features these are the ones we feel should be highlighted.
If you have further questions please feel free to message our Tech Crew. If you have any problems you can create a ticket in the Open Tickets Channel by typing -ticket open *insert reason here*