Shore Leave Art Show
The Shore Leave Art Show presents sculptures, original paintings, prints, and drawings from all parts of the
Alpha Quadrant. Please check the appropriate line on the registration form if you want to enter your work in
the show. Judging will take place at noon on Saturday. Please feel free to come to the auction and spend money.
Your credit is good with us... as long as it's MasterCard or Visa.
For more information about the Shore Leave Art Show, please contact
the Art Show Chair.
- Friday: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM (closing at 5:30 PM for Auction setup)
- Saturday: 6:30 PM - Auction is complete
Art Show Rules and Regulations
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Art Show. There will be a bag check in the Hallway.
- Photography of any type is not allowed in the Art Show.
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian.
- NO TOUCHING!! Look with your eyes, not your hands.
- All bidders must register at the Art Show desk.
- Three (3) bids on a piece will send it to Auction. If there is a Quick Sale Price listed on the Bid sheet, the
piece can be immediately purchased for that price, as long as no one else has bid on the item first. You must
take the Bid sheet to the Art Show desk.
- If you are either the only bidder, or the second bidder and do not get outbid, the piece is yours. Please check
with the Art Show Staff to pay for and pick up your art.
Entering the Art Show
- All pieces must be titled, matted, and/or framed. All art should be protected with shrink-wrap or equivalent.
The Art Show will not be responsible for inadequately protected art.
- All pieces must have artists or agent's name and address clearly labeled on the back.
We allow a maximum of 20 pieces per artist; any exceptions will be granted at the discretion of the
Art Show Chairs.
- The Art Show will collect a 12% commission on all sales. "Not For Sale" (NFS) items
will not be accepted into the Art Show.
- Adult oriented material will be hung so that young eyes cannot see it.
The Art Show Chairs reserve the right to determine the suitability of any art submitted.
- Signed limited edition prints will be allowed in the Art Show with the following stipulations:
- Prints must be clearly labeled as "print" on the control sheet.
- All prints must have serial number and series (i.e. 12 of 40).
- Only one copy of a print series will be allowed. Please be advised that we do not run a
print shop due to limited space.
- Artists/Agents will be responsible for hanging their own artwork on Friday and Saturday. If we find that
space is in short supply and there is need to move art closer together, please be assured that we will treat
your art with loving care. Control and bid sheets will be provided in the show, and are available in advance from the Art Show Chairs.
(Also online. See below.)
- Only low wattage light displays will be allowed, and must be on an intermittent timer to prevent heat build-up.
- The Art Show does not sell panel space. Art is hung on a "first come" basis and the space is free.
Our buyers come early, you should, too.
- Judging will take place on Saturday morning. Categories will be established by the Art Show Chairs.
All those wishing to have their work judged must have their art in place by 10am on Saturday.
- The Art Show will accept cash, checks with valid ID and credit cards (VISA and MasterCard) as payment for art purchases.
- Art that is not picked up on time will become the property of Shore Leave.
- Anyone owing money to Shore Leave will be allowed to enter their art in the Art Show;
however, the money they owe will be deducted from any sales made.
- The Art Show Chair is the final arbiter of what goes in the show.
- Pickup of all work will be by noon Sunday. The Art Show closes at noon.
- The Art Show Chair will be the final authority on all matters pertaining to the Show and Auction.
- Violation of any of these rules will result in your expulsion from the Art Show.
- Download the Control Sheet (pdf)
- Download the Bid Sheet (pdf)