Masquerade Rules of Competition
- You must be a registered member of Shore Leave to compete in the Masquerade.
- The Masquerade Committee reserves the right to listen to any audio submitted for inappropriate dialog.
- No nudity or obscenity. General guideline - keep it PG-13.
- 45 seconds maximum for one person
- 30 seconds for each additional person in the group up to a total of 3 minutes.
- If you wish to use prop weapons, you must clear them with the Masquerade Director.
- One costume per body - multiple entries worn by one person or one entry worn by multiple
people at multiple times are not allowed. This rule does not apply to costumes in a single
presentation that require multiple operators.
- For safety reasons the following are not permitted:
- Live animals.
- Inebriated costumers.
- Substances which might damage other costumes or the stage.
- Fire, flash powder, or other open flame.
- Explosives or projectiles. Guns must be non-functioning; bows may be strung but
arrows must remain in the quiver.
- The Masqerade Director reserves the right to eliminate anyone from competition.
Here's a good thing to remember: surprise the audience, but never the Director or the tech crew!
For other questions, contact Masquerade Director Thomas Atkinson.